17.4.2 Sander Safety
Follow these safety guidelines for working with circular and
- Ensure that sanding belts are not too tight or too loose.
Never operate a sanding disk if the paper is loose.
- Use the correct grade of abrasive material for the job.
- Ensure that the distance between a circular sander and
the edge of the table is not greater than 1/4 inch.
- Do not push materials against sanders with excessive
- Sand only on the downstroke side of a disk sander.
- Do not hold small pieces by hand. Use a jig for pieces
that are difficult to hold securely.
to Shop Safety Section